Monday 3 February 2014

My Best Travel

7 March 2013 , Chennai Egmore Station




 I was shattered into pieces when I didnt find my name in the Reservation chart of the Rameswaram-Varanasi ExpressCry. All my desires for witnessing the Maha Kumbh and photo documenting went in vainYell. After a brief moment of frustration, Planned for a Long but Short trip !!








My Escape Experience




I visited the Ticket Counter for any available tickets . I booked a ticket for Delhiand made a rough plan to Manali and nearby villages. There began my roller coaster ride .This is Gowtham , a final year Mechanical Engineering student . An avid traveller and Photographer . I love travelling to new places and exploring new stuff . I was onboard Grand Trunk Express , and began my awesome journey . I reached New Delhi after a 35 Hr long journey. I booked tickets for Manali the moment i reached Delhi
Since It was my first trip to Delhi, with the help of Internet  I made a short plan . Planned to visit Red Fort and decided to travel through metro rail . I was awe striken on seeing the busy hussle bussle of the metro station . A well organised and needy plan for the emerging India .
Got down at Chandni Chowk Metro station and started clicking pictures . It was complete opposite to New delhi , Chaotic and Classic . It still has abundant traces of ancient Mughal Empire. I began walking towards the Red fort . All that i could find was colourful streets with busy vendors and mouth watery street food . Smacked a Sweet Paan and continued walking . Red fort is an great example for the Majestic Mughal architecture . It was a wonderful feeling to see the Indian Flag at the mighty Redfort .
After that i had my lunch and headed back to board the manali bus . While returning back i visited India gate and Rashtrapathi bhavan . It was really proud to hear the history behind the India Gate . while moving towards the Rashtrapathi bhavan i was able to capture a picture which described the whole of delhi in a frame :) 
Delhi- A mixture of Modern world and Mighty past with people from all walks of life .
Eventhough it was a short stay, loved being at our great capital .

Grabbed some snacks , soft drinks and moved to the Bus Terminus for boarding the Bus to manali. Since Manali was a famous honeymoon destination, I was the only bachelor in that bus Tongue out , like a lonely but happy parrot in the middle of romantic love birds .The journey began and the bus became very silent as everyone fell asleep. Meanwhile i booked the room for my stay at manali . after a halt at a highway dhaba the journey was steady and silent . I woke up After an uncomfortable sleep , all my tired feeling flew away after seeing the fresh morning and pure himalayan waters flowing downstream . One beautiful early morning scene that a human soul should witness in its lifetime .
Finally Reached Manali !!
Himalayan winter and silence welcomed me . After refreshing in my room began my walk . Found an wonderful river scene down the road , grabbed my camera and captured that scene , the rivers lullaby was trigerring a wide vareity of thoughts and memories . Words cannot explain that feel .

After spending some time over there, walked down the streets of nearby villages . It was a great experience to see different people and their lifestyle in that villages . Clicked pictures of village kids and was playing with them. The moment all my mental stress and strain vanishedLaughing. I was at the village till that evening . 



I had to return back to my hotel, since the cold was gaining its strength. I spent rest of the evening at the hotel by watching tv and reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho .
After a nice sleep and breakfast started wandering in the streets of Manali . Went to a Budhist Monastry and spent some time there . Many interesting things can be seen there , the architecture , monastry rollers and flags. We can find lots of monks and monastries at himalayas.
Took an taxi and reached solang valley. For the first time in my life i touched the snow Innocent. I was jumping like a kid in joy. Grabbed a cup of soup and enjoyed its warmth in the freezing weather. Solang valley is one final destination for the adventure sports lovers. It was heart warming to see people playing with their friends and family. I didnt feel lonely because i was romancing with nature KissOn my way back i saw a house submerged in the snow. Took lots of landscape pictures and fulfilled my photography hunger.
Returned back to my room spent the rest of the evening in the streets of Manali, by tasting the local delicacies. Hot Gulab Jamun was the winnerLaughing !
After a short shopping , retired back to the room. 
The next morning took bath in the vashist Hot spring. A bath which cured all my physical body pain after which i was feeling like a superman Laughing. With this my journey came to an end. A journey that will remain in my memory for ages. Personally I learned and realised a lot in this journey . My first long trip , that too all aloneWink. I have only one picture of mine in this journey , clicked it with the help of a passerby.

I usually dont click more pics of me because .
I am not a tourist ! A Traveller !!! ForeverCool





No comments:

Post a Comment